In 1880 the Boas Brothers opened a new steam diamond cutting factory in the Uilenburgerstraat. The building was described as a modern miracle of technical ingenuity. Every week an average of 8 to 10,000 carat of rough diamond was cut. The company outgrew its premises and was the largest of its kind in Europe. From the first day customers came from far and wide (Europe, the United States, Moscow and Japan) to purchase cut diamonds. In 1989 Gassan Diamonds reopened the historical steam driven factory and brought the diamonds back to its original location and continued the tradition and craftmanship of diamonds polishing in Amsterdam, City of Diamonds for more than 400 years.
Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 264
T +31 (0)20-4285219